The 1st Thailand Library Consortium Seminar was held in 1979 and it has continued annually to the upcoming 33rd TLC in November 2017 with the objectives to encourage the exchange of academic knowledge, to present progress reports on library and information profession, including related disciplines on education technology and innovation, and to serve as a forum for sharing views on means and applications for the better, broader and closer collaboration among higher education librarians. In addition, on the special occasion of the 100th anniversary of Chulalongkorn University’s establishment on 26 March 2017, the University seeks cooperation from the faculties and offices to conduct activities in celebration of the centennial of the establishment for one year during 26 March 2017 to 26 March 2018. Academic activities are held throughout the year in honor of King Chulalongkorn and King Vajiravudh who established the first university in Thailand.
Also reaching the 100th year, Office of Academic Resources (OAR), Chulalongkorn University proposes to host the 33rd Thailand Library Consortium on “Reinventing the Library: Shaping the Future through EdTech and Innovative Design” on 1-2 November 2017 at Mandarin Hotel, Bangkok In order to strengthen collaboration among academic libraries and in accordance with the policy to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Chulalongkorn University in library dimension.
- To enhance and empower the network of Thailand Library Consortium and libraries at all levels
- To exchange academic knowledge, lessons learned and experiences among academia, administrators and practitioners from libraries in higher education and other levels throughout the country
- To acknowledge guidelines for the application of education technology and innovative design for shaping libraries in the future
- To celebrate the auspicious occasion of the centennial of Chulalongkorn University in library context
1-2 November 2017
Venue for Seminar and Library Visit
- Mandarin Hotel, Rama IV Road, Bangkok
- Office of Academic Resources, Chulalongkorn University
Office of Academic Resources, Chulalongkorn University in collaboration with Office of the Higher Education Commission
Participants 300 people
- Administrators, librarians, information specialists, computer specialists, educational technologists working in academic libraries, in both public or private sector, and relevant persons
- Lecturers and students in the field of library and information science, including those from various faculties interested in technology and innovative learning
- Academicians and the general public
- Registration within 31 August 2017. Payment 3,000 Baht per person (excluding accommodation costs)
- Registration after 31 August 2017. Payment 3,300 Baht per person (excluding accommodation costs)
- Member of CU Offices and Chulalongkorn University Library Information Network (Chulalinet). Payment 2,700 Baht per person
- Student. Payment 2,000 Baht per person
- Registration deadline within 20 October 2017 (No registration payment on seminar days)
Coordinators - Contact Information
- Website : http://www.car.chula.ac.th/tlc33
- e-Mail : email@example.com
- Registration and Payment :
Ms. Suree Sapsa-nga Tel. 0-2218-2904
- Public Relations and Academic Information:
Ms. Rabiab Sangchantr Tel. 0-2218-2936
Ms. Chatwaroon Sudjaipraparat Tel. 0-2218-2914
- The network of collaboration among academic libraries and all types of library is strengthened.
- The participants such as librarians, information specialists, computer specialists and educational technologists share knowledge and ideas and create mutual understanding to develop and create new knowledge to improve information service for the benefit of users through educational technological and innovative design as a drive for further development.
- The participants perceive new concepts from the seminar to develop and apply learning & education technology for the future of their own library by utilizing technological and innovative learning.
- The participants take part in the 100th anniversary of Chulalongkorn University celebration in the context of library.